Fluval FX6 Canister Filter Review
If you own a fish tank, you already know how important a good filter is. When your filter needs to be replaced, you usually have a lot of possibilities when it comes to brand and model numbers, so finding a high-quality aquarium filter usually isn’t difficult. The Fluval FX6 canister filter is a top-notch filter that is versatile enough to use with nearly all types of aquariums, and if you’d like to learn what makes it so effective, just keep reading.
Who Is This Product for?
The Fluval FX6 filter is for anyone who has an aquarium with up to 400 gallons of water, and even most marine aquariums can use it. If you want a filter that is both efficient and super quiet, this is the filter for you. It is also made for people who don’t want to spend a lot of time taking care of their aquarium because all you have to do to get started is fill the tank up with water and plug in the filter. Its self-starting feature means it will take over from there and do the hard work for you, providing you with the time to concentrate on other household tasks.
When you buy the Fluval FX6 filter, you’ll have everything you need to get started using it immediately. This includes:
- Biofoam (2)
- Biomax (2)
- Carbon foam
- Filters (3)
- Flow clamps (2)
- Metal clamps (2)
- Output nozzle
- Pouches (2)
- Small and large hoses
- Trays (2)
You get free media with the filter, and there are others available if you’re interested. This is a heavy-duty and very powerful aquarium filter that is built to last.
Overview of Features
The Fluval FX6 filter has some amazing features, and they include the following:
- Able to create customized water flow with multi-directional output nozzles
- Usable in both saltwater and freshwater aquariums
- Comes with a purge valve and drain hose to make maintenance and flushing of the canister easy
- Includes chemical, mechanical, and biological media filters
- Perfectly designed at 21 inches to fit most aquariums
- Quiet operation thanks to rubberized feet
- Telescopic strainer with anti-clog feature for continuous flow of water
- Valves are positioned at the perfect angle for ease of installation and rotation
How to Use it?
When it comes to setting up the Fluval FX6 filter, few filters can be easier to use than this one. The directions for installing and using the filter are extremely easy and are clearly laid out in the user manual that comes with the filter. Simply hook up the filter according to the instructions, place it in the fish tank and turn it on so that it can work its magic. It pumps out 925 gallons of water per hour. You also get removable, stackable media baskets that can hold a total of 1.5 gallons of media.
There are many advantages to choosing the Fluval FX6 filter, and they include the following:
- Keeps the water sparkling clean
- Moves a lot of water on a continuous basis
- Starts instantly and runs smoothly and quietly
- Utilizes advanced microchip technology to monitor and optimize the performance of the pump
- Very reliable and low-maintenance
It can be used in freshwater and saltwater tanks as large as 400 gallons, so it is a very versatile filter that you’ll find many uses for.
All products have a few dissatisfied customers, and the Fluval FX6 filter is no different. Below are a few of the disadvantages of this filter:
- It is a little awkward and heavy because it weighs just under 20 lbs.
- May be a little on the expensive side for some people.
- The filter is so powerful and strong that it sometimes sucks up baby fish.
- When you disconnect the filter from the hoses to clean it, it can be both messy and may take a little elbow grease to finish the task.
All this being said, the Fluval FX6 filter gets high ratings from most real-life customers.
When you want the very best filter for your fish tank and you don’t mind spending a little extra money because you want one built to last, the Fluval FX6 filter is definitely one to consider. It is a high-quality, low-maintenance filter that customers often keep for many years without any maintenance problems. It is easy to set up and even easier to use, and when you consider what you get in return, the price is not that high. You often get what you pay for with an aquarium filter, and this filter proves it.